Surah Waqiah in English is the 56th surah (chapter) of the Quran. Muslims believe that it is a Makki Surah. The total number of verses in the surah is 96.
It mainly deals with the afterlife according to Islam, and the different fates people definitely will face in it.
🔊 Listen Surah Al-Waqiah in English
▶️ You should read this: – Surah Yaseen in Roman English
What is the Meaning of Surah Waqiah?
The Meaning of Surah Waqiah in English is “The Event or The Inevitable”.
Some Details about Surah Waqiah
|📜 Surah Name||Surah Waqiah|
|Meaning||The Event orThe Inevitable|
|📍 Position||Juzʼ 27|
|No. of Rukus||3|
|No. of verses||96|
Surah Waqiah in English Rumi Text
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
Izaa waqa’atil waaqi’ah 
Laisa liwaq’atihaa kaazibah 
Khafidatur raafi’ah 
Izaa rujjatil ardu rajjaa 
Wa bussatil jibaalu bassaa 
Fakaanat habaaa’am mumbassaa 
Wa kuntum azwaajan salaasah 
Fa as haabul maimanati maaa as haabul maimanah 
Wa as haabul mash’amati maaa as haabul mash’amah 
Wassaabiqoonas saabiqoon 
Ulaaa’ikal muqarraboon 
Fee Jannaatin Na’eem 
Sullatum minal awwaleen 
Wa qaleelum minal aa khireen 
‘Alaa sururim mawdoonah 
Muttaki’eena ‘alaihaa mutaqabileen 
Yatoofu ‘alaihim wildaa num mukhalladoon 
Bi akwaabinw wa abaareeq, wa kaasim mim ma’een 
Laa yusadda’oona ‘anhaa wa laa yunzifoon 
Wa faakihatim mimmaa yatakhaiyaroon 
Wa lahmi tairim mimmaa yashtahoon 
Wa hoorun’een 
Ka amsaalil lu’lu’il maknoon 
Jazaaa’am bimaa kaanoo ya’maloon 
Laa yasma’oona feehaa laghwanw wa laa taaseemaa 
Illaa qeelan salaaman salaamaa 
Wa as haabul yameeni maaa as haabul Yameen 
Fee sidrim makhdood 
Wa talhim mandood 
Wa zillim mamdood 
Wa maaa’im maskoob 
Wa faakihatin kaseerah 
Laa maqtoo’atinw wa laa mamnoo’ah 
Wa furushim marfoo’ah 
Innaaa anshaanaahunna inshaaa’aa 
Faja’alnaahunna abkaaraa 
‘Uruban atraabaa 
Li as haabil yameen 
Sullatum minal awwa leen 
Wa sullatum minal aakhireen 
Wa as haabush shimaali maaa as haabush shimaal 
Fee samoominw wa hameem 
Wa zillim miny yahmoom 
Laa baaridinw wa laa kareem 
Innahum kaanoo qabla zaalika mutrafeen 
Wa kaanoo yusirroona ‘alal hinsil ‘azeem 
Wa kaanoo yaqooloona a’izaa mitnaa wa kunnaa turaabanw wa izaaman’ainnaa lamab’oosoon 
Awa aabaaa’unal awwaloon 
Qul innal awwaleena wal aakhireen 
Lamajmoo’oona ilaa meeqaati yawmim ma’loom 
summa innakum ayyuhad daaalloonal mukazziboon 
La aakiloona min shaja rim min zaqqoom 
Famaali’oona minhal butoon 
Fashaariboona ‘alaihi minal hameem 
Fashaariboona shurbal heem 
Haazaa nuzuluhum yawmad deen 
Nahnu khalaqnaakum falaw laa tusaddiqoon 
Afara’aytum maa tumnoon 
‘A-antum takhluqoo nahooo am nahnul khaaliqoon 
Nahnu qaddarnaa baina kumul mawta wa maa nahnu bimasbooqeen 
‘Alaaa an nubaddila amsaalakum wa nunshi’akum fee maa laa ta’lamoon 
Wa laqad ‘alimtumun nash atal oolaa falaw laa tazakkaroon 
Afara’aytum maa tahrusoon 
‘A-antum tazra’oonahooo am nahnuz zaari’ooon 
Law nashaaa’u laja’al naahu hutaaman fazaltum tafakkahoon 
Innaa lamughramoon 
Bal nahnu mahroomoon 
Afara’aytumul maaa’allazee tashraboon 
‘A-antum anzaltumoohu minal muzni am nahnul munziloon 
Law nashaaa’u ja’alnaahu ujaajan falaw laa tashkuroon 
Afara’aytumun naaral latee tooroon 
‘A-antum anshaatum shajaratahaaa am nahnul munshi’oon 
Nahnu ja’alnaahaa tazkira tanw wa mataa’al lilmuqween 
Fasabbih bismi Rabbikal ‘azeem 
Falaa uqsimu bimaawaa qi’innujoom 
Wa innahoo laqasamul lawta’lamoona’azeem 
Innahoo la quraanun kareem 
Fee kitaabim maknoon 
Laa yamassuhooo illal mutahharoon 
Tanzeelum mir Rabbil’aalameen 
Afabihaazal hadeesi antum mudhinoon 
Wa taj’aloona rizqakum annakum tukazziboon 
Falaw laaa izaa balaghatil hulqoom 
Wa antum heena’izin tanzuroon 
Wa nahnu aqrabu ilaihi minkum wa laakil laa tubsiroon 
Falaw laaa in kuntum ghaira madeeneen 
Tarji’oonahaaa in kuntum saadiqeen 
Fa ammaaa in kaana minal muqarrabeen 
Farawhunw wa raihaa nunw wa jannatu na’eem 
Wa ammaaa in kaana min as haabil yameen 
Fasalaamul laka min as haabil yameen 
Wa ammaaa in kaana minal mukazzibeenad daaalleen 
Fanuzulum min hameem 
Wa tasliyatu jaheem 
Inna haaza lahuwa haqqul yaqeen 
Fasabbih bismi rabbikal ‘azeem 
▶️ You should read this: – Read Online Dua e Masura
Surah Waqiah Translation in Roman English
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- When the Event inevitable cometh to pass,
- Then will no (soul) entertain falsehood concerning its coming.
- (Many) will it bring low; (many) will it exalt;
- When the earth shall be shaken to its depths,
- And the mountains shall be crumbled to atoms,
- Becoming dust scattered abroad,
- And ye shall be sorted out into three classes.
- Then (there will be) the Companions of the Right Hand;- What will be the Companions of the Right Hand?
- And the Companions of the Left Hand,- what will be the Companions of the Left Hand?
- And those Foremost (in Faith) will be Foremost (in the Hereafter).
- These will be those Nearest to Allah:
- In Gardens of Bliss:
- A number of people from those of old,
- And a few from those of later times.
- (They will be) on Thrones encrusted (with gold and precious stones),
- Reclining on them, facing each other.
- Round about them will (serve) youths of perpetual (freshness),
- With goblets, (shining) beakers, and cups (filled) out of clear-flowing fountains:
- No after-ache will they receive therefrom, nor will they suffer intoxication:
- And with fruits, any that they may select:
- And the flesh of fowls, any that they may desire.
- And (there will be) Companions with beautiful, big, and lustrous eyes,-
- Like unto Pearls well-guarded.
- A Reward for the deeds of their past (life).
- Not frivolity will they hear therein, nor any taint of ill,-
- Only the saying, “Peace! Peace”.
- The Companions of the Right Hand,- what will be the Companions of the Right Hand?
- (They will be) among Lote-trees without thorns,
- Among Talh trees with flowers (or fruits) piled one above another,-
- In shade long-extended,
- By water flowing constantly,
- And fruit in abundance.
- Whose season is not limited, nor (supply) forbidden,
- And on Thrones (of Dignity), raised high.
- We have created (their Companions) of special creation.
- And made them virgin – pure (and undefiled), –
- Beloved (by nature), equal in age,-
- For the Companions of the Right Hand.
- A (goodly) number from those of old,
- And a (goodly) number from those of later times.
- The Companions of the Left Hand,- what will be the Companions of the Left Hand?
- (They will be) in the midst of a Fierce Blast of Fire and in Boiling Water,
- And in the shades of Black Smoke:
- Nothing (will there be) to refresh, nor to please:
- For that, they were wont to be indulged, before that, in wealth (and luxury),
- And persisted obstinately in wickedness supreme!
- And they used to say, “What! when we die and become dust and bones, shall we then indeed be raised up again?-
- “(We) and our fathers of old?”
- Say: “Yea, those of old and those of later times,
- “All will certainly be gathered together for the meeting appointed for a Day well-known.
- “Then will ye truly,- O ye that goes wrong, and treat (Truth) as Falsehood!-
- “Ye will surely taste of the Tree of Zaqqum.
- “Then will ye fill your insides therewith,
- “And drink Boiling Water on top of it:
- “Indeed ye shall drink like diseased camels raging with thirst!”
- Such will be their entertainment on the Day of Requital!
- It is We Who have created you: why will ye not witness the Truth?
- Do ye then see?- The (human Seed) that ye throw out,-
- Is it ye who create it, or are We the Creators?
- We have decreed Death to be your common lot, and We are not to be frustrated
- from changing your Forms and creating you (again) in (forms) that ye know not.
- And ye certainly know already the first form of creation: why then do ye not celebrate His praises?
- See ye the seed that ye sow in the ground?
- Is it ye that causes it to grow, or are We the Cause?
- Were it Our Will, We could crumble it to dry powder, and ye would be left in wonderment,
- (Saying), “We are indeed left with debts (for nothing):
- “Indeed are we shut out (of the fruits of our labor)”
- See ye the water which ye drink?
- Do ye bring it down (in rain) from the cloud or do We?
- Were it Our Will, We could make it salt (and unpalatable): then why do ye not give thanks?
- See ye the Fire which ye kindle?
- Is it ye who grow the tree which feeds the fire, or do We grow it?
- We have made it a memorial (of Our handiwork), and an article of comfort and convenience for the denizens of deserts.
- Then celebrate with praises the name of thy Lord, the Supreme!
- Furthermore, I call to witness the setting of the Stars,-
- And that is indeed a mighty adjuration if ye but knew,-
- That this is indeed a Qur’an Most Honourable,
- In Book well-guarded,
- Which none shall touch but those who are clean:
- A Revelation from the Lord of the Worlds.
- Is it such a Message that ye would hold in light esteem?
- And have ye made it your livelihood that ye should declare it false?
- Then why do ye not (intervene) when (the soul of the dying man) reaches the throat,-
- And ye the while (sit) looking on,-
- But We are nearer to him than ye, and yet see not,-
- Then why do ye not,- If you are exempt from (future) account,-
- Call back the soul, if ye are true (in the claim of independence)?
- Thus, then, if he is of those Nearest to Allah,
- (There is for him) Rest and Satisfaction, and a Garden of Delights.
- And if he is of the Companions of the Right Hand,
- (For him is the salutation), “Peace be unto thee”, from the Companions of the Right Hand.
- And if he is of those who treat (Truth) as Falsehood, who go wrong,
- For him is Entertainment with Boiling Water.
- And burning in Hellfire.
- Verily, this is the Very Truth and Certainly.
- So celebrate with praises the name of thy Lord, the Supreme.
Surah Waqiah Pdf File Download
Friends, here we provide you Surah Waqiah Pdf File with Its Translation. You can easily download this Sura Waqia Pdf and recite this dua when you want.
Virtues of Surah Waqiah by Hadith
You must have heard that reciting some Surahs like Surah Al-Waqiah and Mulk at night is beneficial. Here we have confirmed this through hadith. Which should be recited daily.
The virtues of the above Surahs are proved by the Hadith. They should be recited regularly. A weak hadith is reliable in the chapter on virtues provided the weakness is not of a serious nature.
The virtues of the above surahs have been mentioned in the reliable and authentic books of Hadith.
📜 It is recorded in Shu’ab al-Iman of Imam Bayhqi:
Abdullah ibn Mas’ud (r.a.) narrated that the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “Whoever recites Surah Al-Waqiah every night, he will never be afflicted by poverty.” And Ibn Mas’ud (r.a.) Used to order his daughters to read it every night. (Shu’ab al-Iman 4/120, number 2269).
And it is said about Surah Mulk:
📜 It is narrated from Abu Huraira that the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There is a surah in the Qur’an consisting of thirty verses, which will intercede for it. partner (who reads this) until he is forgiven. This is the surah: Tabarkal-Ladhi.” (Ibn Majah No. 3786, Musnad Ishaq bin Rahaviyyah, No. 122)
📜 The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) also said:
“Surah al Waqiah is the Surah of Wealth, so recite it and teach it to your children” [Ibn Asakir]
Allah (Subhana wa Ta’ala) knows better
I hope you read this Surah Waqiah in English. Surah Waqiah is one of the most recitable surahs of the Quran.
If we have made any mistake in writing, then you can tell us in the comment.